Have you ever called a company and been put on hold, and then all you hear is complete silence? It feels as if you have had the door shut in your face, and you are left wondering if the person has just hung up on you.
As a small business owner, you want to make sure that your customers and potential customers feel like you care about them. Vonage Business Music on Hold feature is a very important part of indicating to your callers that you are a professional company that has its customers’ interests at heart.
A Premier On-Hold Experience for Customers
Vonage offers music on hold as a free feature to all our customers. Included with every account are four standard options to choose from. You can easily set and change the music your customers hear from the Vonage Business Administrator Portal.
In addition to the standard included music, Vonage customers also have the option of uploading their own music, or customized recording. Adding your own on-hold music is a great way to personalize the experience your customers get.
As you may already know, Vocalocity offers a series of VoIP features, and now we allow you to upload on-hold music to create a fully customized phone experience for your callers. This month, our tip suggests you take it one step further and ‘marketize’ your on-hold experience by peppering in various marketing messages too!
Our Hold Music feature is free to all customers and allows users to upload multiple recordings. You may also choose whether the files are played randomly or looped in a specific order. By uploading a few voice recorded marketing messages, we are excited to provide you with another quick and easy way to share news about your business, products, and services.
It’s simple. Here is how:
- Record and save your music and voice recorded marketing files to your computer.
- Login to My.Vonagebusiness.com.
- Select the Phone System navigation tab at the top.
- Select PBX Settings from your left-hand side menu.
- Under the Hold Music section, click Add New Files* to upload.
- After uploading your files, you may either listen to or remove each recording by clicking the Play or Remove buttons next to each file. To modify the order, simply drag and drop the files.
- Finally, select your desired Playback Mode. Choose Random to randomly play the files uploaded, or Sequential to play the files in the specified order.
Customers appreciate a personal touch when calling into your business. By customizing your hold music and integrating your own marketing messaging, you are able to set a professional tone and keep your customers informed and up-to-date.
*Feature functionality only available to Account Super Users and Admins. Files have an 8MB size limit and may be uploaded in either .WAV or .MP3 file format.