There are lots of reasons to select VoIP service for your office, but did you know that hosted phone systems for business are designed to not only compete with traditional, analog solution but actually give you more productivity enhancing features? Because VoIP service allows you to connect seamlessly to your computer, you’re able to utilize CRM plugins, take notes directly in your mail client with incoming phone calls, click phone numbers on your screen to dial out and much more.
Business Phone System Core Features
- Click to Dial: Let’s say that you’re a casual phone user and you use your handset mostly for dialing out. Perhaps you’re in a sales department or you’re tasked with responding to callback requests in a service department. Instead of manually dialing each one of your several dozen calls every hour, Vonage Business Click to Dial solution allows you to actually just click a number from your computer screen to connect a call. Just download the free installation file and restart your computer. You can begin clicking to dial that same day!
- Multiple Devices on One Extension: Offices of all types select VoIP phone systems because business requires being able to answer calls from anywhere – the conference room, the warehouse, your home phone – wherever you may be at the moment. With Vonage, you’re able to set up multiple devices to use the same number and same voicemail. We consider it a productivity feature because so many of our customers say that it helps them stay on task and never miss a call.
- Call Screening: We’ve all been in the middle of an important project when a call comes in. We don’t know if it’s the big sale we needed to close or if it’s a vendor calling to check in on your satisfaction with a piece of new software. The vendor can wait – the sales call cannot. So you take the call – it turns out to be the vendor – and then you’re stuck on the phone and lose your train of thought. With Call Screening, you can have your phone announce the name of your caller to you, and then you decide whether to take the call or not. It’ll help you to stay on track and take calls on your own time.
Advanced Features in Phone Systems for Business
One of the things that sets VoIP phone systems for business apart from VoIP focused on residences is that it offers a full suite of features tailored to your office. With training, compliance and tracking tools, you’ll be able to do more than get a dial tone – and still at a much more affordable rate than analog service.
- Call Recording: One of Vonage’s sales executives listens to recorded employee calls to monitor for quality. He also has a long commute, so he exports his recordings and plays them back through his phone on his evening drive home. It helps him maximize his time and he doesn’t even need to be at his desk. With Vonage’s Company Call Recording, you can configure your system to record some or all inbound and outbound calls. Then, export the calls, listen to them from your desktop or forward them to sales manager or HR to help train employees and improve customer satisfaction.
- Conference Bridge: Tired of constantly rescheduling meetings because your employees are out of the office, or a vendor can’t make it in for an in-person meeting? Vonage’sConference Bridge service allows you to connect up to 30 people on a single call. You can get your collaborative work and meetings finished quickly and easily, no matter where participants happen to be.
VoIP phone systems for business have come a long way in just the past few years. Vonage is constantly adding new included and add-on services to its business-class set of services.
Visit our full list of VoIP features to look at all of the utilities avaliable to you with our no-contract service, or fill out the form on the left for a no-hassle consultation.
Our VoIP rep will get in touch with you and can tell you all about more productivity tools that can help boost your business.
If you’re looking for a multi-line phone system that can handle multiple calls across many devices, you will be glad to know that you can use up to three different phones on the same Vonage Business extension (e.g., desk phone at work, desk phone at home, softphone on your smartphone or laptop). Use the same phone number, voicemail box, and extension for all your registered phones at no additional cost.
A multi-line phone system is necessary these days, whether you’re on the road and using your smartphone to make business calls, or trying to close business deals from your laptop in a hotel room, or even giving up time at the beach house to check your messages. Multiples Devices on One Extension allows you to truly work from anywhere.
- No more lugging your phone around with you.
- No more plugging and unplugging the phone you’re not using.
- No more doing business with your cell phone when you’re out of the office.
Just register a softphone or second office location with the same Vonage extension.
“This is amazing. Thank you!” – Matthew Lang, PowerProit.
“I’ve been hoping for this! The reason I wanted this is I have an office in the U.S., plus two in Italy, and up to now had always carried around my phone.” – John Anderson, Ashlar LC. www.odradek-records.com
“This is a cool new feature which allows you to make business calls from your cell phone or home phone but it can go through Vonage so it appears like it is coming from the business line.” – Lou Castillo, Investor Riches. www.investorriches.com
The Flexibility of an IP Phone System
Vonage’s hosted phones systems allow businesses to communicate much more efficiently than with traditional phone systems. IP telephony allows businesses to extend their phone system’s reach far beyond the walls of their brick and mortar location. IP Phones work by registering their unique IP addresses with the system each time they are plugged in. As long as a phone is connected to the Internet, it can be located by the phone system, and thus receive calls at the appropriate extension number. Now, with Multiple Devices on One Extension, each extension can register up to three different IP addresses to connect a call.
And if you’re looking for a multi line phone system with one, powerful desk phone – check out the complete list of compatible phones for devices that can handle up to eight simultaneous calls.