This feature provides options for setting Caller ID numbers – and if preferred, alpha-numeric names – that appear on outbound calls for each extension.
Set Caller ID allows your business to choose how to represent itself through outbound Caller ID for each extension. Because every company does business differently, we offer several customization options:
- Display one number for all extensions.
- Set each extension to show any number from the account you prefer.
- Choose to display nothing at all.
- Program an alpha-numeric name, or company name, to appear along with the telephone number. (Requires assistance from Customer Care.)
This feature has some similarities to our Dynamic Caller ID, which allows each user to set Caller ID via a special dialing code. Set Caller ID, however, is configured in advance on the Admin Portal by the company’s administrator.
How It Works
For all outbound calls from the company, recipients see the exact Caller ID set on the Admin Portal by the company administrator.
Why You’ll Like It
- Dictate exactly what call recipients see as your outbound Caller ID.
- Customize outbound Caller ID for each extension with any number from your account.
- Select a name or business name to appear instead of a number. (Customer Care assistance is required for this option.)
- Distinguish departments or even multiple businesses run from the same account.
Set Caller ID is easily configured by the company’s administrator, who designates which number from the account will appear on outbound Caller ID for each extension. Should you prefer to set a Caller ID name, instead of a number, simply call Customer Care for assistance.