If you want to improve your business phone system and cut costs, there’s no better way than by using cloud PBX. It might sound confusing (what’s a PBX? What does the “cloud” mean?), but it makes your phone system work smarter and faster for less, without loads of expensive on-site equipment. Sure, there are lots of other technical steps involved. However, Vonage Business takes of that for you so you can focus on your business.
How Cloud VoIP Phone Service Works
1) Making or Receiving a Call
“Cloud” just means a service that you get over the internet. And “PBX” stands for “private branch exchange.” Each time you make a call from your IP phone and every time your customers call you, your call is quickly handled by Vonage using our reliable hosted technology.
2) Vonage Routes Your Call
Cloud PBX from Vonage Business means that your call comes through to our data center, where we use our technology to reroute the call and direct it appropriately. It means that you get a total phone system that is available instantly, and eliminates the need for extensive on-site equipment. You may have also heard this referred to as a “virtual PBX” or even an “IP PBX.”
In the past, companies used to have to buy or lease lots of expensive on-site equipment to handle calls. But since we host, maintain, and upgrade our VoIP equipment ourselves, that’s one less thing for you to worry about.
3) Complete the Call Through the Internet
Vonage completes your call over the Internet. And because it relies on the Internet, you can use dozens of features like instant call recording, click-to-call, Outlook integration, call flip, call forward, and so much more. That’s it! That’s “the cloud.”
How Vonage’s Cloud PBX Makes Your Business Phone System Better:
- No closet full of phone equipment. We host that for you off-site.
- Get one low bill from one company.
- Set up your IP phone system in minutes, and use your IP-enabled phones anywhere you get an Internet connection.
- Enjoy all the features of a Fortune 500 phone system.
- No annual contracts required. We’re so convinced you’ll love Vonage’s cloud PBX phone service, we never lock you into a contract.
- Cost savings – because we own our own equipment instead of leasing it from another technology provider, we’re able to pass the savings along to you. Our customers save 36% on average*.
*Savings claim is based on the average monthly recurring charge for unlimited domestic business calling plans from the top three leading wireline service providers. Comparison excludes promotional pricing, fees, surcharges or taxes and assumes a customer already has broadband service. Check your phone bill to determine the savings that would apply to you.« Read the Previous PostRead the Next Post »