Block calls based on an area code, number or other options like 411 or international calls. Call Blocking is available for your entire account, or just a single extension.
Whether you’re experiencing aggravating unsolicited calls or your employees are running up your costs by dialing 411 or international numbers, unwanted calls equal both expense and downtime for your business. That’s where Vonage’s Call Blocking feature comes into play. This handy feature allows you to block both inbound and outbound calls to your specifications, creating a rule for your entire account or just a single extension. With Call Blocking, you can quickly block:
- Specific area codes
- The first 6 numbers of a specific phone number
- An entire phone number
- International numbers
- 411 / Information calls
How It Works:
Call Blocking can quickly be set up via your Admin Portal. Start by creating a rule for either your entire account, or for a specific user, then enter your parameters. You can create notes as to why you chose to block a number, and change rules as you go if you need to unblock. Additionally, Call Blocking can easily be used in conjunction with your Call Log, allowing you to select and block numbers according to your needs. Should users want to block calls on their own extensions, Call Blocking is also available through the User Portal.
Why You’ll Like It:
- Save money and employee downtime by eliminating unnecessary calls, both inbound and outbound.
- Create rules for your entire account, or just a specific extension.
- Reference your Call Log to quickly identify and evaluate your call blocking requirements.
- View or edit your rules at any time through the Admin Portal.
- Individual users can create call blocking rules for their extension.
Call Blocking is part of Vonage’s 40+ included features that come with every account. Just log into your Admin Portal and start setting up your rules. If you need further help, a Customer Service representative will always be happy to help you.